The 40th Annual SAPICS Conference and Exhibition is concerned with speakers that can provide relevant and topical content that enhances knowledge, generates new thinking, new ideas, etc.
19 JANUARY 2018: Submission deadline.
23 FEBRUARY 2018: Notification of acceptance or otherwise.
10 MAY 2018: Submission of white paper and presentation visuals.
The above deadlines will enable SAPICS to promote the conference and selected speakers as actively as possible. Missing any of the deadlines may jeopardise the opportunity SAPICS has to properly promote your session, and may reduce attendance at your session.
THE COMPLETED SUBMISSION FORM MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY THE FOLLOWING:
Speaker biography (150 words in narrative form, not CV format please) – per speaker.
Colour Photo – jpeg format – (head and shoulders preferably and high resolution).
Previous speaking experience (but don’t be deterred if you haven’t spoken at a conference before).
Link to video of a previous speaking engagement or pre-recorded example of your speaking ability (if available). If not available please record a brief introduction – no more than your name, job title, where you work and what your proposed topic is to be. Your submission will not be presented to the speaker panel without this.
Details of published works (if any).
Abstract (50-100 word paragraph).
3-4 bullet points summarising delegate takeaways.
Motivation for travel & accommodation funding (non-South African residents only (if required).
Written papers are requested from all speakers but not mandatory. White papers are wholly encouraged however and highly sought after. Please indicate on the submission form if you are planning on providing a white paper if selected to speak.
SPEAKER AWARDS WILL BE PRESENTED AT THE CLOSING OF THE CONFERENCE ON JUNE 12TH AS FOLLOWS:
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN SELECTED
Speaker fees are not paid. However, full free conference registration will be awarded to one presenter per topic. Other speaker benefits will be outlined in the formal acceptance letter. Limited funds may be available to foreign speakers for travel and accommodation and those wishing to apply for this must submit a written motivation together with their submission.
SAPICS will initiate active campaigns to promote the conference in general while highlighting some of the programme topics. Speakers are encouraged to promote the attendance of their session to potential delegates in the lead up to the conference. Active, insightful participation (not spam) on the various SAPICS social media platforms, as well as the distribution of conference information to your own supporter base are two of the easiest ways to get delegates interested in your session.
Finally, by submitting the application you are agreeing to the terms and conditions below.
We look forward to receiving your submission and to learning from you!
The submitted paper attached to this form is provided to SAPICS under the following terms and conditions.
- The Speaker Selection Committee, at its sole discretion, will determine the acceptability of the submitted presentation. In addition, the Conference Committee will determine whether or not to publish a submitted paper either in whole or in part. SAPICS agrees to provide the author of the submitted paper appropriate credit if the paper is published.
- Authors of the submitted work/paper freely give to SAPICS permission to publish the submitted work/paper in any media so selected free of any compensation and/or royalty claims.
- Authors of the submitted work/paper testify that the submitted paper does not contain confidential and/or proprietary information not owned by the author.
- Authors of the selected work/paper testify that the work is original and has not been used at previous events in South Africa.
- Speakers must adhere strictly to the duration selected on the application form. Time should be allocated by the speaker for questions and answers within this duration.
- Persons submitting an abstract are doing so with the understanding that they agree to abide by the conditions, deadline policies and the decisions of the Conference Committee.
- Once the submission has been accepted, the accepted speaker agrees that this presentation shall be used exclusively for the SAPICS 2018 Conference and that only after it has been presented at this conference may it be presented at other events in South Africa.
- If for any reason an accepted speaker is subsequently unable to attend the Conference, substitutions will NOT automatically be accepted and the paper and substituted presenter shall be accepted solely at the discretion of the Speaker Selection Committee.
- The written paper must be submitted as a Microsoft Word document for publication in the conference proceedings. Papers will be edited and formatted before being returned to the author for final approval.
- Presentations must be in Microsoft PowerPoint format and utilise the standard conference template provided by the Conference Secretariat. The PowerPoint presentations will also be published online post conference together with the written paper where applicable.
A proposal should not be submitted unless the speaker is available to appear on any day of the SAPICS Conference.
Under no circumstances should the conference’s podium be used for direct promotion of a speaker’s product, service or for monetary self-interest.