The submitted paper attached to this form is provided to SAPICS under the following terms and conditions.
- The Speaker Selection Committee, at its sole discretion, will determine the acceptability of the submitted presentation. In addition, the Conference Committee will determine whether or not to publish a submitted paper either in whole or in part. SAPICS agrees to provide the author of the submitted paper appropriate credit if the paper is published.
- Authors of the submitted work/paper freely give to SAPICS permission to publish the submitted work/paper in any media so selected free of any compensation and/or royalty claims.
- Authors of the submitted work/paper testify that the submitted paper does not contain confidential and/or proprietary information not owned by the author.
- Authors of the selected work/paper testify that the work is original and has not been used at previous events in South Africa.
- Speakers must adhere strictly to the duration selected on the application form. Time should be allocated by the speaker for questions and answers within this duration.
- Persons submitting an abstract are doing so with the understanding that they agree to abide by the conditions, deadline policies and the decisions of the Conference Committee.
- Once the submission has been accepted, the accepted speaker agrees that this presentation shall be used exclusively for the SAPICS 2018 Conference and that only after it has been presented at this conference may it be presented at other events in South Africa.
- If for any reason an accepted speaker is subsequently unable to attend the Conference, substitutions will NOT automatically be accepted and the paper and substituted presenter shall be accepted solely at the discretion of the Speaker Selection Committee.
- The written paper must be submitted as a Microsoft Word document for publication in the conference proceedings. Papers will be edited and formatted before being returned to the author for final approval.
- Presentations must be in Microsoft PowerPoint format and utilise the standard conference template provided by the Conference Secretariat. The PowerPoint presentations will also be published online post conference together with the written paper where applicable.
A proposal should not be submitted unless the speaker is available to appear on any day of the SAPICS Conference.
Under no circumstances should the conference’s podium be used for direct promotion of a speaker’s product, service or for monetary self-interest.